Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Anniversary Weekend

Our anniversary was on a Friday this year so it turned into a weekend of celebrating! Karl loves to cook too and I had the pleasure of enjoying his amazing homemade dinner for me. Karl made steak with steamed carrots and broccoli with a buttery garlic lemon sauce and mashers and gravy! Also at my request he make me a special treat! Chocolate covered strawberries! Sooo simple, yet so divine! My mouth is watering just thinking about them! After we put the boys to bed we watched a movie called Dandelion Dust which was a great movie, but I recommend you stock up on tissue if you are going to watch it! I was in tears. Karl thinks I would have enjoyed it so he rented it. Although it was a great movie with a happy ending, I could have gone for a romantic comedy. In the middle of the movie my mom called to wish us a happy anniversary and we chatted for a few minutes. Then 10 minutes later the doorbell rang. Karl ran to the door to answer it quickly and I about had a heart attack. I was thinking, "What in the world are you thinking? You don't know who's at the door." Then I see out of the corner of my eye a woman walking in. For some reason I thought he was welcoming a homeless lady into our home. HAHA! I was out of it, I guess. To my surprise, it was my mother. Karl had called her to have her come up from Fresno (which is a few hours away) to surprise me with an evening out. So my mother was the babysitter! I was blown away.... she came in and I said, "What the H***!!!!" I couldn't believe it! I am super hard to surprise because I am a very observant person. I was in stitches! Saturday evening we had a date night and went out for a lovely dinner to Chevy's. I have an amazing hubby! Wow babe! I give you props for pulling this whole thing off!








No comments:

Post a Comment